We're a Sea Scout Group serving the Southern Wellington area.
We are a completely volunteer organisation dedicated to educating and developing youth in the district. We are a very active group with Cub and Sea Scout sections and a highly supportive and energetic Group Committee.
Our Hall facilities are available for the use of other community groups
Our group raises funds and tries to remain engaged in the broader community.
We vigorously pursue age-appropriate outdoor activities such as sailing, rowing, camping, and kayaking, believing that this provides our youth members with the best possible opportunity to develop into good citizens and leaders.
As a friendly community of volunteers we ask that families of members will contribute some of their time and effort to the wellbeing of the group. Some examples of this would be:
- Fund raising - we usually hold about four such activities per year.
- Working bees - usually one a year.
- Committee work - helping in the day-to-day and year-to-year thriving of the group.
- Becoming Leaders - it's not for everyone, but the group draws its leaders from within, and it's an excellent and very fun way to contribute to our childrens' development.
- Parent Helpers - parents are rostered to come along and help with the running of their weekly meetings. It's a good way to see what the children get from Scouting.