Like all community based organisations much of the Britannia committee's focus is on fundraising to support the scouting group. Funds are used to repair and replace equipment and to provide the youth members with new experiences and skills along with qualified and competent leadership development.
The current calendar of fundraising events are listed here.
Currently our main fund raising activities are:
- Catering - please email Karen at britanniaseascouts@gmail if you would like to enquire about our event catering
- Delivering phone directories - Term 3
- Collecting aluminium and copper scrap for recycling
- Get your Chaffers Street New World docket stamped and put it in their collection box for an easy donation to Britannia
- Collect tokens when you buy a plastic shopping bag at Lyall Bay Warehouse. Put them in their collection box near the exit
The committee are always looking for new ideas to raise funds to repair and replace equipment and bits of boats.